Re: Email -> Perl Script?

1998-01-20 15:46:44
On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Webmarquee Administrator wrote:

..      Does anyone have any experience sending email (with or without
.. procmail) to a perl script?  I would like to build a confimation script
.. for a mailing list that accepts email from the subscriber.

You might take a look at majordomo (ftp.greatcircle.com) Majordomo
is a list manager written in perl.

If you're writing from scratch, you might also take a look at the
MIME-tools module from CPAN. This module can be used to parse a message
and return it according to its MIME structure.

Actually, I've working on using the latter technique to automatically
handle (some) delivery and non-delivery reports for messages that
are sent from a system that I'm working on.

As this question is mostly off-topic for the procmail list, I'd suggest
that follow-ups are handled personally or that the discussion is moved
to comp.lang.perl.misc.

- Erik Bertelsen