Unpack attachments with procmail?

1998-01-23 02:20:20

Hello,

I am looking for a tool or program, which can unpack any kind
of attachments without any mailreader.
We have different mailtool/read and everyone needs a special
help to unpack any attachments. I am also not able to install
a new email program. So, my idea was, I will write or use a program,
which can unpack any attachments and store it in a directory.
The principle should be:

Someone sends the mail including any attachments to a pseudo user
"unpack", which is a controlled by procmail and will call other
program(s).

I know emil - but this program helps me only (as far as I know)
to convert any attachment. metamail can unpack the attachment -
but if it is still within an email, it unpacks the wrong part
(metamail -u < emailfile_including_mailheader doesn't work
for me).

Is there any other program/hint/tool??

Thanks for any help,
Kind regards,