Re: Help figuring out SCORE-ing

1998-01-23 20:12:45
jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com wrote:

Hi Walter, thank you for the feedback (pm-tips.txt).  I
rewrote the example so that it would easier to understand.
Does this answer to all your questions?

jari

  Thank you very much.  I read "man procmail" and
"man procmailex" when I first started on procmail.  It was
in this list that I recently found out about "man procmailrc"
and today about "man procmailsc".  It may seem hard for
experienced users to believe, but there was no clue to the
existance of these extra man pages.
  This raises a question...
are there any other procmail-related man pages, and if so,
what are their names?  The list of *ALL* procmail-related man
pages is something that should be in the FAQ, and will save
many questions.  People could simply log on to their own ISP
and read the docs.  I can RTFM, but I have to know that the FM
exists in the first place<g>.

    I think there are a couple of minor math errors in your
example that could confuse new users.  I see 3 exclamations
(not 4) and 5 keyword matches (not 4) in the area...

  "Great opportunity for free sex; no money required!!!"

  procmail scores it this way: ! was found 4 times (200/50),
  "free|sex..." regexp matched 4 times (400/100).

    The most important part is to get the list of man pages
into the FAQ.  Any computer-literate user can take it from
there.

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>