Re: rblcheck ?

1998-01-23 21:19:15
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
E.S. Marshall did a really good program to filter some registered IP into
Vix's RBL list... The main problem is to add the TCPREMOTEIP from my
/etc/sendmail.cf (8.8.8) as it was described.

It is assumed that procmail is used a external program not the local
mailer. I am using Linux and procmail is the local mailer of my system...
How do I add the TCPREMOTEIP to my /etc/sendmail.cf ?

Any suggestions ? Does procmail can help me to find the TCPREMOTEIP by
itself or something else ?

Odds are you'll have a filter rule like:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@ShPfn, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u

in your /etc/sendmail.cf. Just replace it with:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/env, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@ShPfn, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=env TCPREMOTEIP="${client_addr}" procmail -a $h -d $u

Should do the trick (note that all that has changed is the addition of
/usr/bin/env as the P= entry, and running procmail with an env wrapper).

Btw, I know I've been promising this for a while to a few people, but I
really am hoping to have a new release of rblcheck out this weekend,
mainly with documentation and utility changes (rblcheck itself won't have
changed too much, although I'm hoping to have added a return of TXT checks
by the time of release).

--
Edward S. Marshall  `-----------------------'   http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/

      Spammers: Please email my blacklisting service at
"spam(_at_)logic(_dot_)net".