Auto Responder

1998-01-26 17:53:34
HEllo Everyone,

I set up promail about a week ago. Everything was fine. I had set the
typical aliases info, accounts, billing etc.. aliased to the office
account. From there I set up procmail for auto responders pertaining to
the original TO:  Unfortunately the auto responder never worked.
This is how everything is set up.
In office home dir

.forward (details: permission rw-r--r-- owner/group: office)
contains one line which follows
|/usr/bin/procmail

.procmailrc (details: permission rw-r--r-- owner/group: office)

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/contrib/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail-log
LOGABSTRACT=yes
SHELL=/bin/csh

# Email Forwarders

# Send automatic reply for specified email
:0 ic
#Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*office
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO(_dot_)*bill(_at_)*ihs2000(_dot_)com
| (formail -r -t ; cat /usr/home/office/bill.message) | $SENDMAIL -oi
-t

# Send automatic reply for specified email
:0 ic
##Line below prevents loops
* !^From.*office
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO(_dot_)*info(_at_)*ihs2000(_dot_)com
| (formail -r -t ; cat /usr/home/office/info.message) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
#

# The next section is currently
# my only sure means to guarantee
# I will get the email
#
#
# Copy everything else to another user(including mail to thisuser(_at_)ihs2000)
:0 ic
| formail -A "X-Loop: Copy-Header" | \
  mail -s "Office Mail" staff(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com

# Send notification to who watches this process.
:0 ia
| mail -s "Request Processed Procmail Working" hensj(_at_)ihs2000(_dot_)com

The test file that contain the responding message are in the correct path
and permission are rw-r--r-- with owner/group as office.

What am I missing? Or what am I doing wrong? I also plan on using FormMail
with this. For users to refer other customer. I want the sender to know
that we have received their email. My /usr/home/office/mail/procmail-log
shows several errors. Some entries listed appeared as if they worked, but
nothing ever occured. Others gave USER not defined error, variable errors
and more.

If it help we are running all the latest versions of procmail, sendmail,
formmail, BSDI, blah blahblah. you get the picture.

Thanks you and any answer (or opinions) will be appreciated.

Henry Smith, Jr