Re: No .procmailrc w/ Procmail as delivery agent

1998-02-02 20:46:45
"Joseph" == Joseph F Dries <joseph(_dot_)dries(_at_)lmco(_dot_)com>
writes:

Joseph> [procmail should not look into $HOME if not needed]

Joseph> Looking at the manuals and the src files, I see I can define
Joseph> (in config.h) a default location for the .procmailrc ... All I
Joseph> want is to disable the lookup (and thus parsing, etc.) of that
Joseph> file when procmail is invoked from sendmail to deliver mail.
Joseph> If procmail is invoked as an IFS as part of a .forward, I'd
Joseph> like it to look in $HOME/.procmailrc

I would suggest you do this:

- Change the location of .procmailrc to a place that is always visible
(like you did for the forward files).

- Tell your users to put their rc file in that place, and forget about
the forward file. If the want to include other files (through
INCLUDERC), they can put them in their home directories.

I assume this approach would not breach security, since you seem to
allow users to modify their forward files themselves. (BTW: procmail
is very strict on the permissions it allows on its rc files.)

--
G. Geens - Home: <ggeens(_at_)iname(_dot_)com> - Work:
<ggeens(_at_)inetgate(_dot_)capgemini(_dot_)nl>