Re: HELP: Looking for procmail spam filter resources

1998-02-05 00:42:48
Wed 98-02-04 "JAM Creative Productions, Inc."
<webmaster(_at_)jingles(_dot_)com> list.procmail

| Our small company doesn't have the resources for a full-time
| anti-spam person, so I'd appreciate any pointers or links to fairly
| reliable shared resouces for procmail spam filter lists.  I'm
| awestruck by the hours of tireless policework done by some of you in
| compiling these files, and you have my thanks and admiration for
| their public access.

See this page

    ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/pm-tips.html

        [...]
     3.0 Anti-UBE pointers
            3.1 NoCEM, CAUCE and others
            3.2 Junk email and spam
            3.3 Misc pointers
            3.4 Questionable UBE stop services
            3.5 UBE related newwsgroups
            3.6 Software, mapSoN
            3.7 Software: spamgard
            3.8 Software: RBL lookup tool
            3.9 Software, Spam Be Gone

        4.0 Procmail pointers
            4.1 Procmail discussion list
            4.2 To join procmail discussion list
            4.3 To get off procmail discussion list
            4.4 Procmail Lint service (code check)
            4.5 Procmail module list
            4.6 Plus addressing foo+bar(_at_)address(_dot_)com
            4.7 General procmail pointers
            4.8 Procmail Code
            4.9 SmartList code (mailing list implementation with procmail)
         4.10 Procmail code to filter UBE
        [...]

Also avalable from file server; refer to X-info header.
I can't comment the implementations of the UBE stop filters, you just have
to select and test what seems to suit you best.

jari