Re: help needed to filter class mailing list....

1998-02-07 06:26:26
On Sat, 07 Feb 1998 07:14:50 -0500, Stan Ryckman
<stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net> wrote:
At 10:32 PM 2/6/98 -0500, Amith Varghese wrote:
cat /var/spool/mail/akv6p | procmail .procmailrc
deliver them to the system box in the first place.  Your
experiment might even loop "forever" if you had lots of mail
in your mailbox that didn't match your recipe.  You should
have your test input in a file that won't be modified during
the experiment.

(I don't think this is possible on any variant of Unix I've ever seen.
cat will not see any modifications made to the file later in the
chain.) (And procmail will treat it all as one big message, so the
amount of mail in the mailbox is not really relevant.)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>