Re: Subject Headers

1998-02-14 10:28:20
On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 09:29:17PM -0800, Sally Po wrote:

I'm wondering if it's possible to get procmail or sendmail to edit the
subject line of an email when it resends it out to a ML, so that it
would add an [ML Name] <subject>?
I just installed it a couple days ago on an account and am still trying to
figure out all the nifty cool stuff (tm) that can be done with it.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Afaik this should be possible,  I could think about something like:

:0 fhw
* ^TO(_dot_)*your-list(_at_)your(_dot_)list(_dot_)server(_dot_)org
{
  :0 fhw
  | formail -i <funky arguments>
}

If it doesn't work then add a line like

* Subject: \[.*\]

and use $MATH &c.

Read the appropriate manpages.  I don't use it but I'd try the
above.

Regards,

        Joey

--
   / Martin Schulze  *  joey(_at_)infodrom(_dot_)north(_dot_)de  *  26129
Oldenburg /