Procmail and Sendmail.cf

1998-02-20 13:13:15
Hi all--

Here's my second try, providing a bit more info at the question I just sent...
(Yes, I am a newbie to both procmail and sendmail.cf configuration, so please
explain why such things are such--thanks)

Okay, here at my new job, we use Sendmail 8.8.7, and I have just installed
Procmail version 3.11pre7 on a FreeBSD 2.2.5 system. (brings up another point--
make install-suid came back with make: don't know how to make install-suid.
Stop
Any idea why?)

I've tested the Procmail system using the .forward and .procmailrc files in my
home directory, and they work just fine.  I've replaced the mlocal with the
procmail
executable and that worked fine reading my .procmailrc file, but when I try to
install it as a filter mprocmail (as described in the man pages) it does not
seem
to work.  It reads neither my .procmailrc file, nor the one I've installed in a
"common" area. (/etc/procmailrcs/config.proc)

We need the common one for use with our mail daemon (ie. send the mail from the
mail daemon to the person designated as postmaster, send cron results to the
one
responsible for the output of the cron runs, etc.), then (possibly) use an
individuals .procmailrc file and .forward files to sort the mail in their
individual mail directories.

Here's what I have as regards to procmail in the sendmail.cf file: (yes, I've
got it
tabbed correctly in the sendmai.cf)

### Section in the ruleset 0 section

R$*<@ $*>$*     $#procmail $@/etc/procmailrcs/config.proc $:
$1(_at_)$2(_dot_)procmail$2
R$*<@ $*.procmail>$*    $1<@$2>$3       Already filtered, map back

### Procmail in the "m" section and surrounding M files:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=mail $u
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u
Mprocmail,      P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=mSDFMhun, S=11, R=21, A=procmail
-m $h $g $u

Another possibility would be to use procmail as the Mlocal file, if it is
possible to
point it at a "common" recipe file, as I am trying to do in the ruleset 0
section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Albright