All Numeric Accounts (Again)

1998-02-23 20:55:28
Will the recipe below delete mail from spammers of the form:

"joe" <123456(_at_)spamhaus(_dot_)com>

:0
* ^From:.*<[0-9]+@
/dev/null

As I said before, I don't want to do something stupid.  I want to delete
email from accounts that consist of all numerals, whether they are spammers
or not.  I have had it up to here with their garbage.  (I have devnulled
Compuserve for the last two weeks, and the amount of spam that got through
my filters is much reduced.)  Like I say, I don't care if these are from
spammers or not.  I just want to devnull email from accounts that consist
of numerics only.

The recipe below will delete email from spammers of the form:

123456(_at_)spamerzRus(_dot_)com (Joe)

:0
* ^From: [0-9]+@
/dev/null

This recipe has never deleted valid email.  I want to be very sure before I
implement the first recipe above.

Felix Tilley