Re: biff errors after procmail recipe installed

1998-02-28 14:38:09
At 10:54 -0500, 28 Feb. 1998, Jeremy Dinsel
<dinselj(_at_)sighsy(_dot_)cup(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Hello. I just started using procmail and am running into problems with
biff notifications. The simple filter I am using (as a test) takes mail
sent From my address (to myself or bounced to me) and places it in a
folder of my username. When the new mail arrives, biff informs me of new
mail, but it informs me of some old message (and doesn't necessarily print
the headers, it may print the middle portion of the message).

It sounds like your comsat daemon only looks at your spool file
($DEFAULT).  To fix this, you need to replace it with a version that can
be told what file the new mail is in.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron(_at_)schrab(_dot_)com      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 I'm still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.