Re: And sometimes, there is this ...

1998-03-02 09:33:11
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Matthew G. Saroff (Reply to the pobox address) wrote:

|       My Autoresponder once bounced Eli the Bearded.  He was miffed, and
| basically said (on the list), "Your problem."
|       If I get a message from someone claiming that an autoresponder of this
| sort is spam, I'd wonder if they were trying to hawk the latest MLM.

Not spam in the strictest sense, but it's still near-totally needless
and it uses up net bandwith for no reason, thus I'd go with Eli on this
one. If I hit such a "prove you're no spammer" autoresponder I can
guarantee I won't. When you plow through lots of email every day the last
thing you need is having to send the same mail several times; quite
frankly, I've yet to meet a person that I need to mail that badly. Usually
it's the opposite - they need my mail more than I need to send it.

--

Kimmo Jaskari                   | ÅLCOM - Ålands Datakommunikation Ab
kimmo(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi           | Phone +358-(0)18-12122