Re: How to use the X-Loop field when resending mail

1998-03-03 21:45:33
At 06:32 PM 3/3/98 +0100, Bernhard Scholz wrote:

[re address which has aliases]

So which e-mail addresses do I have to include in the X-Loop: field, and
in which form?

You can use any you want.  The idea is that it's one of YOUR addresses
so that it won't duplicate someone else's when you check for it.  You
could use "X-Loop: I Love Beethoven" but then you wouldn't know whether
someone else picked that.

On the other hand I guess I don't understand the deeper purpose of the

It's so you can check for it, and avoid getting your autoresponder
in a loop (say, mailing back and forth to someone else's autoresponder).
If you don't check for it, it won't do anything for you.

Hope that helps,
Stan