Re: conditioning on part of the email address

1998-03-05 01:14:33
|Tue 98-03-03 Oliver_Bach(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de (Wophet) list.procmail
| Let's say, I am running a little family project and according to the
| surname of the email address I want to change to a different sub
| directory.
|
| 1) Father(_dot_)Family(_at_)sameHost(_dot_)org
| 2)Mother(_dot_)Family(_at_)sameHost(_dot_)org
|
| So how do I cut out the "mother | father" and then change the
| subdirectory?

I just updated my pm-jaaddr.rc to handle dotted address. Thank
you for the idea. You could now do:

    RC_ADDR = $PMSRC/pm-jaaddr.rc   # name the subroutine

    :0
    * ^From\/.*
    { }                         # official no-op

    INPUT       = $MATCH        # Get From contents
    INCLUDERC   = $RC_ADDR      # run sub, Explode address to parts

    MAILDIR     = $DOT1         # chdir to "Mother"
    MAILDIR     = $DOT2         # chdir to "Father"

See X-info, and request "send pm-code.shar".
jari