Re: conditioning on part of the email address

1998-03-05 04:13:10
On  5 Mar 98 at 10:01, procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aach wrote:

From:          <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com>
To:            <procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Subject:       Re: conditioning on part of the email address
Date:          05 Mar 1998 10:01:37 +0200

|Tue 98-03-03 Oliver_Bach(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de (Wophet) list.procmail
| Let's say, I am running a little family project and according to the
| surname of the email address I want to change to a different sub
| directory.
|
| 1) Father(_dot_)Family(_at_)sameHost(_dot_)org
| 2)Mother(_dot_)Family(_at_)sameHost(_dot_)org
|
| So how do I cut out the "mother | father" and then change the
| subdirectory?

I just updated my pm-jaaddr.rc to handle dotted address. Thank you
for the idea. You could now do:

    RC_ADDR = $PMSRC/pm-jaaddr.rc   # name the subroutine

    :0
    * ^From\/.*
    { }                         # official no-op

    INPUT       = $MATCH        # Get From contents
    INCLUDERC   = $RC_ADDR      # run sub, Explode address to parts

    MAILDIR     = $DOT1         # chdir to "Mother"
    MAILDIR     = $DOT2         # chdir to "Father"

See X-info, and request "send pm-code.shar".
jari

people, that is computing!! you do not tell people to read man over
man, you exchange!! That is much faster!!

Some newcomers have thoughts the experienced never had, and therefore
you cannot label easy and hard questions!!!

Thanks to those who understand that and provided practical help to
me!

O!