Re: line length recipe?

1998-03-06 11:42:59
Kimmo Jaskari wrote,

| I'm not good at procmail recipes, but the par program that Era mentioned
| is intriguing, and seems like a great way to be rid of annoying mails
| that are several hundred chars - on one line... which is a major pain to
| answer, imho.
|
| Anyone have a recipe to detect such mails and run them through par?

You can use the same method I recommended to Dave Robbins; just put enough
dots into the regexp to catch the line length you won't tolerate.  You might
also replace that first bracketed range with another period if you don't
want to give exemptions to lines that begin with common citation characters.