Re: line length recipe?

1998-03-06 09:57:18
On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Dave Robbins asked,

| I'm wondering if there is any recipe out there that would reformat
| any lines not beginning with a header, not beginning with a blank line
| or a tab and not beginning with standard indent prefixes such as ">".

You could also use fmt (with whatever options you like) to reformat the
entire body instead of fold (which works on individual lines).

I'm not good at procmail recipes, but the par program that Era mentioned
is intriguing, and seems like a great way to be rid of annoying mails
that are several hundred chars - on one line... which is a major pain to
answer, imho.

Anyone have a recipe to detect such mails and run them through par?

If this is dirt simple, flame me in private mail and not on the list,
please. :)

--

Kimmo Jaskari                   | ÅLCOM - Ålands Datakommunikation Ab
kimmo(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi           | Phone +358-(0)18-12122