Attaching tag to subject

1998-03-18 21:45:59
Hello,

I'm new to procmail and I have a question about procmail/SmartList.

I set up a mailing list with SmartList.  I works well but I would like
to attach a majordomo-like tag at the beginning of the subject like this:

   Subject: [procmail: 16967] Attaching tag to subject

in a smart way.  Of course, the subject may contain such a tag in a
reply mail so it will be handled correctly.  I hacked the rc files in
SmartList for a while, then I found it reformats the header with
formail(1) in rc.submit at the mungering part.  But I don't know
variable handling and subject extraction way in procmail rc file.  I
also checked the procmail archive but I couldn't find such discussions.

Does anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

--
Masanori "Smiley/Smack" Omote
work: omote(_at_)pdp(_dot_)crl(_dot_)sony(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp