Re: spam on the list

1998-03-22 21:38:07

: > How smart can SmartList be if the listowners can't keep spammers from
: > abusing list members?  This kind of stuff is just d-u-m-b.
:
: All you are missing is the fact that the list does not require subscriptions
: for posting, which would immediately cut the spam 99.8% but which hasn't
: been done for whatever reason (including the apparent fact that Stephen has
: gone onto greener pastures.... or at least other pastures.
:
: I believe I heard some folks talking about  setting up a mirror list which
: would attempt to filter out the spam better.

I'll add my voice to those who are upset with spam on the list.  Please
make public any "developments" as described above.

brett neely (gd) gd(_at_)hornet(_dot_)org
i hate spam mail - http://198.36.22.18/~bneely/spam/