Re: Procmail and POP Mail

1998-03-24 21:56:12
"Kim" == Kim C Callis
<kcc(_at_)canda(_dot_)los-angeles(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us> writes:

    Kim> Hello group, I am running a Linux box and use it to connect
    Kim> to my ISP. Upon connecting, I use fetchmail to receive my
    Kim> personal e-mail. Because I registered a domain, the ISP has
    Kim> all mail sent to the domain placed in my popmailbox. This was
    Kim> ok, prior to me adding extra users (who need to receive mail)
    Kim> to my machine.

    Kim> I was wondering if I could run fetchmail as user
    Kim> root. Receive all the mail in /var/spool/mail/root, and then
    Kim> use procmail to sort out the mail and attach it to the
    Kim> appropriate /var/spool/mail/<login> folder.

I think you need to read the fetchmail manpage.  Fetchmail handles
multiple local deliveries from multidrop mailboxes.

mp

                Michael Powe       looie(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com
                 pgpk -a finger://teleport.com/looie
  Portland, Oregon, USA   "Home of the Summer Wiener Dog Nationals"

"Doth it not show vilely in me to desire small beer?" <Henry IV, Part II>
-- William Shakespeare