Procmail and POP Mail

1998-03-24 14:30:15
Hello group,

I am running a Linux box and use it to connect to my ISP. Upon connecting, I
use fetchmail to receive my personal e-mail. Because I registered a domain,
the ISP has all mail sent to the domain placed in my popmailbox. This was ok,
prior to me adding extra users (who need to receive mail) to my machine.

I was wondering if I could run fetchmail as user root. Receive all the mail in
/var/spool/mail/root, and then use procmail to sort out the mail and attach it
to the appropriate /var/spool/mail/<login> folder.

For instance... root logs in as me on the ISP using fetchmail... It pulls all
the mail down and in there is mail for kcc(me) and srs (another user on the
system). From there procmail looks at the To: header and places the mail for
kcc in /var/spool/mail/kcc and all mail for srs i /var/spool/mail/srs. Hopely
from there, our respective procmail recipies will do waht they need to do.

Is this possibly? And if so does anyone have a recipe I can look at for such a
thing?

Thanks
--
Kim C. Callis - kcc(_at_)canda(_dot_)los-angeles(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us
Callis & Associates