Re: Weird problem

1998-03-26 22:45:58
"Mark" == Mark Shaw <mshaw(_at_)asic(_dot_)sc(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com> writes:

    Mark> I'm trying to write a recipe on my Netcom account that will
    Mark> bounce a file back to the sender if the subject line
    Mark> contains a certain phrase:

:0:
* ^Subject:.*sendme binfaq.*
| (formail -brt ; \
cat "/ftp/pub/ms/mshaw/binfaq.txt" ;\ )
| $SENDMAIL -oi -t

The problem is in the location of your ; -- you should have no ; at
the end of the 'cat' line.  The way I have been working these things
out is to imagine the whole set of commands as though I were typing
them on a command line -- that makes it pretty easy to see where the ;
should go and where not.  Or at least, it seems to work that way.

You don't need the double quotes, either.

mp

                Michael Powe       looie(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com
                 pgpk -a finger://teleport.com/looie
  Portland, Oregon, USA   "Home of the Summer Wiener Dog Nationals"

"A man ought to read just as inclination leads him; for what he reads
as a task will do him little good."
 -- Samuel Johnson