Re: problems with backup script from man pages

1998-03-31 10:25:26
Excerpts from mail: (31-Mar-98) problems with backup script from man pages by
Green Matheson
but the msg files are building up in mail/Backup and not being
removed. I get messages in .procmail/log about rm msg*
I wonder if it is because rm is aliased to rm -i?

It's probably the you are using. I suggest you put

SHELL = /bin/sh

at the top of your ~/.procmailrc file, if it's not already there. The backup
recipe uses a syntax specific to the sh shell (and derivatives). If your
login shell is csh or something like that, you need to tell procmail to use
sh.

Later,
Ed