Re: How to avoid looping with Cc mail forwarding

1998-04-02 06:30:21
Stanley,

Sounds like it's not really 'looping' but rather that your recipie is
splitting the message into multiple copies, one for each recipient,
and the other addresses are not being commented out, so each message
gets delivered, and the system resolves each address on each message.

Unfortunately my knowledge is not up to par on solving this situation!

Stanley C. R. Roche Busk wrote:

Hi all,

First, thanks for many replies I get from previous answers !

I am using Procmail mainly to perform mail forwarding but I
still have some trouble to resolve.

One of them is <looping>
In my .procmailrc file I have many entries like this :

.../...

:0 c
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*gaudi(_at_)mackeros(_dot_)com
! ggarcinunog(_at_)nexo(_dot_)es

:0 c
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*sanpedro(_at_)mackeros(_dot_)com
! csbl(_at_)mx3(_dot_)redestb(_dot_)es

.../...

but when I send a mail to someone mail forwarded address and
I put somebody else as Cc, both receive the mail twice. If I
put 2 people as Cc, all receive it three times and so on.

So, reading many of the replies on this list I have seen the use
of X-Loop keyword...is this what I must had to stop looping ?

Thanks
Stan

--
    __o