How to avoid looping with Cc mail forwarding

1998-04-02 01:08:55
Hi all,

First, thanks for many replies I get from previous answers !

I am using Procmail mainly to perform mail forwarding but I
still have some trouble to resolve.

One of them is <looping>
In my .procmailrc file I have many entries like this :

.../...

:0 c
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*gaudi(_at_)mackeros(_dot_)com
! ggarcinunog(_at_)nexo(_dot_)es

:0 c
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*sanpedro(_at_)mackeros(_dot_)com
! csbl(_at_)mx3(_dot_)redestb(_dot_)es

.../...

but when I send a mail to someone mail forwarded address and
I put somebody else as Cc, both receive the mail twice. If I
put 2 people as Cc, all receive it three times and so on.

So, reading many of the replies on this list I have seen the use
of X-Loop keyword...is this what I must had to stop looping ?

The second problem is when somebody register himself in a mailing
list and this one send all the message as Bcc....the mail is never
forwarded ! I know that I talked about this issue a couple of weeks
ago and and many answers...

Thanks
Stan