Tagging INCLUDERC'ed Recipes

1998-04-04 09:32:38
    Please feel free to point me elsewhere.  I am not experienced with
egrep and could not really figure out how to search the archives except
by brute force reading.  For one thing, I could not think of an
appropriate set of keywords, even if I did know how to use egrep
effectively.  So please go easy on a newcomer.

    I use procmail v3.10 (I'm stuck with it, folks) under SunOS 4.1.4.
In my anti-spam recipes, I have a recipe, bitbucket.rc, which gets
called in by multiple recipes with

{ INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/bitbucket.rc }

as the recipe action line.  Among other things, bitbucket.rc makes a
log entry.  Unfortunately, I have no ready way of determining which
"outer" recipe called in bitbucket.rc, and this information would be
useful.  Is there some way I could set a variable, say, in the outer
recipe which bitbucket.rc could use when it makes its log entry?  Or
some other technique for identifying the calling recipe?

    Thanks.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart