Re: Tagging INCLUDERC'ed Recipes

1998-04-04 11:51:48
Paul Bartlett asked,

|     I use procmail v3.10 (I'm stuck with it, folks) under SunOS 4.1.4.
| In my anti-spam recipes, I have a recipe, bitbucket.rc, which gets
| called in by multiple recipes with
|
| { INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/bitbucket.rc }
|
| as the recipe action line.  Among other things, bitbucket.rc makes a
| log entry.  Unfortunately, I have no ready way of determining which
| "outer" recipe called in bitbucket.rc, and this information would be
| useful.  Is there some way I could set a variable, say, in the outer
| recipe which bitbucket.rc could use when it makes its log entry?  Or
| some other technique for identifying the calling recipe?

Easy enough.  Every time you include $PMDIR/bitbucket.rc, do it this way:

  :0 flags
  * conditions
  { REASON="whatever is undesirable about mail that this recipe catches"
    INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/bitbucket.rc }

Then in the includerc itself, start out like this (note the trailing quote
at the left margin of the second line):

  LOG="This message is getting bitbucketed because $REASON.
"