Re: foo(_at_)bar

1998-04-04 17:32:21

"Julian" == Julian H Stacey <jhs(_at_)freebsd(_dot_)org> writes:

    Julian> PS I'm still not sure why I'm getting all those
    Julian> Delivery-Date nor why multiple mails are being
    Julian> concatenated, nor where all those 4 control As come from
    Julian> (I also sometimes get ^B^A^A^A) but at least I'm localised
    Julian> to looking at procmail/formail area now :-)

Well, I have seen the concat'ed message situation while running a
test.rc on a dummy message.  If the dummy message only contains

From: <blah>
To: <me>
Subject: <oy>

headers, when procmail moves the message into my spool file, they're
all cat'ed.  IOW, if I do

procmail -m test.rc < testmsg

three times in a row, there'll be three copies of testmsg in
/var/spool/mail/michael, but when I inc my mail, they'll arrive in my
inbox as one message.  Further, if I don't empty the spool before
fetching new (real) mail, it'll bugger up the whole batch & I'll have
to manually remove the offending testmsgs in order to get at the rest
of the mail.  Inc puts a BAD MSG: flag at the top of the offending
message.

I assumed that this was because there's no From_ line.

mp

                Michael Powe       looie(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com
                 pgpk -a finger://teleport.com/looie
  Portland, Oregon, USA   "Home of the Summer Wiener Dog Nationals"

"A man ought to read just as inclination leads him; for what he reads
as a task will do him little good."
 -- Samuel Johnson