Re: procmail (version)

1998-04-08 15:00:46
(copied to author because I suspect you're not actually subscribed to
procmail)

At 03:51 PM 4/8/98 -0400, Matthew Kearney wrote:

As a college student, taking computer science, I have many unix accounts.
I am aware that procmail will allow me to keep mail at one address and
also send a copy to another adress. I am, however, unaware of how to make
procmail work for me. ie: I want to receive mail at wam.umd.edu, and I
want the mail to stay there, but I would also like a copy of mail that
is sent to wam sent to another address. How can I do this.  Thank you.

Descriptive subject line you've got there, considering that the list is
about... procmail. <g>

Make a recipe to do a copy - the copy will be delivered, and the original
will remain unprocessed and go to your mailbox:

:0c
! anotheraddress(_at_)elsewhere

This is the most simple way.  There of course is the risk of mail loops
(say, delivery to the other address fails, and bounces a message to this
account, which attempts to forward THAT message, which will also fail,
repeating the process).

:0c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| ( formail -A "X-Loop: thisaddr(_at_)here" ) | sendmail
anotheraddress(_at_)elsewhere

This should forward non-daemon messages and those which don't have your
forward loop signature in them ("thisaddr(_at_)here" should be something unique
to this account - such as the email address -- of the account hosting this
procmail recipe).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395