Error with a :0f recipe

1998-04-15 04:02:43
I have the following recipe

:0fc
* $^From:.*(${RECIP_REGEXP})
| formail -a "Reply-To: gourous(_at_)eleves(_dot_)ens(_dot_)fr (Compte Gourous)"

which is meant to insert a Reply-To: line in messages coming from
certain people.  It works very well most of the time, but once in
a while (several messages a day go through this recipe, and the error
accurs about once per month) I get the following error:

procmail: Extraneous filter-flag ignored
procmail: Error while writing to ""
procmail: Skipped "| formail -a "Reply-To:
gourous(_at_)eleves(_dot_)ens(_dot_)fr (Compte Gourous)""

Obviously something went wrong with the pipe, but what ?
Isn't it possible to get more explicit error messages than
`Error while writing to ""' ? (I recently added VERBOSE=on,
but the error has not occured since then, and I do not expect
this to change the error message anyway).

I assume that the `Extraneous filter-flag ignored' is just an
artefact and was issued because formail did not output any data,
but this is misleading too.

I found a similar problem mentioned in the list, but the answer
was not very satisfactory: