Dots in usernames and MAILSPOOLHASH=2

1998-04-25 09:22:37
Hello list,

I am new to procmail, and trying to implement a MAILSPOOLHASH=2
mailspool (/var/spool/mail/b/a/bar) in conjunction with sendmail 8.9.0.
I am using 3.11pre7, on a Linux RedHat 5.0 platform.

All seems to work, but.... I suddenly realized that I might have
problems with usernames of the form "J.User".  In fact, this would
map into /var/spool/mail/j/./j.user , and in Unix semantics
this is of course equivalent to  /var/spool/mail/j/j.user.
In fact, I have tested that the mail sent to such an user would
end up stored right there, one level up with respect to all the others.

Is everybody happy with that? :-)

Thanks

furio ercolessi
Spin - Trieste (Italy)