promail & vitual domains

1998-04-29 04:04:56
Hello,
I am trying to set virtual services (www,POP/SMPT) for a school project.
I have a compagny with several departments (trade,
reseach..).Each depatment must have a virtual domain (trade.dept,...) on a
linux box. I have some problems for POP/SMPT
services. For instance, i want vic(_at_)research(_dot_)dept and
vic(_at_)trade(_dot_)dept (the
users are differents, of course) but i don't want to use virtusertable of
sendmail because the POP accounts will be differents (vic-1, vic-2 for
instance). Because, each "webmaster" (the man in charge of the intranet
department) must add or remove users for his virtual domain with an HTML
interface. That must be very easy to use. Then there is a program called vtcpd
(for Virtual TCPD) which detects the IP that the service asks for, and do a
CHROOT to the right directory ("virtual services HOWTO")
For instance :
/virtual/trade.dept/var/spool/mail  for the trade department
/virtual/research.dept/var/spool/mail for the reseach department

I want a local mail delivery agent to put the incoming message (for outside or
between the virtual domains) in the right directory (i think it is the
solution,isn't it?)
Is there any possibilities to set Procmail to do that ? Or can you point me in
the right direction ?
Thank you for helping me.
Vincent
E-Mail: vincents(_at_)dial(_dot_)oleane(_dot_)com
Date: 29-Apr-98
Time: 13:29:18