Re: Spam Recipe: Match Message-id: and From:

1998-04-29 02:51:35
On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:01:26 +0300 (EET DST), I wrote:
    *   $ ^From:(.*[         <])?$N+@($Q+\.)*\/$Q+\.$Q$Q$Q?$Q?([>    ]|$)
<...>
This is not tested very thoroughly. The domain name grabber is
certainly written rather optimistically, but I hope it works with most
commonly seen address formats. (Don't show it to Eli though. :-)

Revision: I've noticed some MUA:s (no doubt Windows ones)-; add
comments without whitespace around them, like address(_at_)site(_dot_)net(yeah).
So perhaps the delimiting classes should include parentheses too:

Whoa, this is beginning to look like Sendmail rules.

The assumption that the top-level domain is between two and four
characters is of course not universally valid but should cover country
codes, com net org int etc, and the domainbank.net top-level domains
(firm web shop arts info etc).

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>