Re: Spam Recipe: Match Message-id: and From:

1998-04-28 23:47:07
On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Paul Ashton wrote:

One thing I've thought of is scanning the Received lines
for the domain in the From: line. If it is not there at
all, then junk it. i.e. my mail server didn't receive it
from their domain, neither did they forward it to a
smarthost that contains their domain either. Sounds like
quite a good bet. Anyone got a procmail filter for that?

Not a good idea.  Anyone who redirects their mail between domains OR
anyone who sets From: to a standard reply location would be caught by a
recipe of this nature.

For an example, look at the From: and Received: headers of this mail.
If the list doesn't cut it off; I don't remember.  At any rate, there's
no Received: line containing pobox.com, because I don't use pobox for my
SMTP service.  gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com, however, is the only address at
which
I wish to _receive_ mail.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                "You uudecode it."