Re: Favorite Recipes

* ^Comments:.*authenticated\ sender\ is
* !^X-Mailer:.*Pegasus

Don't forget to add

  * !^Return-Path:.*owner-

in case the message is resent via a mailing list.

:0
* ^Message-ID.*<>
/dev/null

# This will allegedly trap invalid message ID's
:0
* !^Message-Id:[\t ]+<("[^"]+"|[^ <>@]+)@[^<>]*>$
/dev/null

You can probably combine these two recipes into a single one.  Ron posted
a much better one that checks just about every aspect of RFC compliance
a while back.  You can see it at

Otherwise, you'll be filtering some valid mail too (although \t doesn't equal a
tab, so you need to make that an actual tab character for this to work).

:0
* ^Subject:.*\$\$\$
/dev/null

:0
* ^Subject:.*are\ you\ being\ investigated
/dev/null

:0
* ^Subject:.*are\ you\ in\ need\ of\ a\ lifestyle
/dev/null

You could probably combine these for appearances sake:

:0
* ^Subject:[     ]+.*(\$\$\$|are you (being investigated|in need of a
lifestyle))
/dev/null

:0
* ^Received:.*ybecker\.net
/dev/null

:0
* ^Received:.*cust.*uu\.net
/dev/null

Again, you might want to combine these for manageability.

:0
* ^Received:.*(ybecker\.net|cust.*uu\.net)
/dev/null

# Trash phony POP3 UIDL headers
:0

I don't know about you, but I also get some mail with UIDL headers in
them.  Usually comes via forwarded messages.  Adding a check would fix it:

   * ! ^Resent-

I would also recommend trapping the messages somewhere and checking them
for content instead of sending them to /dev/null on the off chance that
one of your recipes does an incorrect match.

Has your spam gone down since you added these?

Chris