Re: ^FROM_MAILER

1998-04-29 13:51:41
kitty(_at_)online(_dot_)pcd(_dot_)usr(_dot_)com asked,

| Does ^FROM_MAILER match on the Return-Path: line?

Apparently not, but it does match on the UNIX From_ line, which usually
contains the same address as the Return-Path: header.

| Secondly, ... does anyone have an idea how I can use this
| macro but tell it to ignore the Return-Path line in the header?

There's probably some way within procmail without the extra fork of formail,
but this is easy to think of and easy to write:

 :0h
 HEAD_WITHOUT_FROM_=| formail -IReturn-Path: -I'From '

 :0
 * HEAD_WITHOUT_FROM_ ?? ^FROM_MAILER
 action

| I want the matches on the From: line to be filtered correctly.

If you want to consider only the From: header, try this:

 :0
 * ^\/From:.*
 * MATCH ?? ^FROM_MAILER
 action