Better way to remove text from beginning & end of message body?

1998-05-08 11:32:19
Hi All,

A mailing list that I subscribe recently began adding a block of "boiler
plate" text to the beginning and end of every message that goes through
the list (groan). The text is always the same, and is always at the
beginning and end of the message. I've cooked up a recipe to chop the text
using tail and head (I do a line count via scoring before using head.)
However, using two processes for this seems like a waste of resources.
Does anyone have a better way to remove n number of lines from the
beginning and end of a message body?

Thanks,

Andrew