[Q]: formail's option "-t" ?

1998-05-08 03:05:02
    What exactly does the "-t" option mean for formail?  The man page
says:

:      -t   Trust  the sender to have used a valid return address
:           in his header.  This option will be most useful  when
:           generating auto-reply headers from news articles.  If
:           this option is not turned on, formail tends to favour
:           machine-generated addresses in the header.

So: if "-t" is not given, formail will prefer the "From:" address over
a "Reply-To:" when generating an auto-reply?  Something else?  I don't
feel like looking at the sources to find out.

    On a related topic: is there any simple way to get just the reply
address from a header, without generating an auto-reply etc.?  The
reason I'm asking this is because the file server discussed earlier
could be greatly simplified in that case.

    BTW: other parts of the man pages need clarifications too.

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia