RE: MIME parts and Procmail

1998-05-12 14:42:55

Hi,

Maybe all we need is something to divide a multipart MIME message into its
parts, each of which can then be fed to procmail, [...]

But how would I do simple things like removing parts when I split the file
up. Say I receive mail with two attachments. One is a file and one is a
vcard
or similar useless thing. I would not like to separate the file from the
message since this would not help my archiving of mail. But I would very
much
like to filter MIME structure.

Deciding with "alternate" MIME parts e.g. that I would want to all not
wanted
parts removed,e.g.

I guess it could be possible to create a perl scripts to give expressions
to be evaluated. I'm not familiar with the shell and not very familiar yet
with perl.

But anyone out there, willing to make something up to allow us to waste
server
cycles in masses?

        Greetings, Kay