Our IP addresses have been lumped under Sallynet :-(

1998-05-15 22:30:12
Hi there, while in the process of implementing the spam catching procmail
scripts found at:

http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/

(thank you very much btw for making them publicly available).

I noticed that the IP address range that we have under our control as of
late 1997 has been lumped into a category called sallynet, who may have had
control of our domain range in the past :-(

Anyway, this message is a request that you kindly 'adjust' your filter
appropriately. We publish an online magazine and I'd hate to see any of our
subscribers NOT getting our email due to an incorrect listing.

Here is the part of tag-radical that is catching our domains:

# sallynet 1996/12/19
:0 Hf
* ^(To|From|Received|Reply-To|Sender):.*\<207\.238\.142\.[0-9][0-9]*\>
| formail -b -f -A "$trash_header siteban sallynet"
# Generated from listing of 117.1.208.in-addr.arpa on 1997/03/10

Our domain range is 207.238.142.33-61

In fact, a check with internic tells me that sallynet.com is no longer
around. I doubt that Digex would allow them to continue on their backbone
either (they have a very strict anti-spam policy).

Anyway... thanks again for providing the great resource, and thanks in
advance for adjusting your records.

[This message is CC'd to the procmail list in case anyone else out there
would be kind enough to change their records as well.... if they are using
these scripts]

Sincerely,

Paul Evad
ISO Webmaster

-------------------Kudosnet Communication Services--------------------
pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com
www.kudosnet.com

For value added web hosting and internet commerce sites
http://kudosnet.com/services/

-------------879 View Rd. Qualicum Beach, Canada V9K 1N3--------------