Re: Our IP addresses have been lumped under Sallynet :-(

1998-05-16 12:37:31
On Sat, May 16, 1998 at 10:23:57AM -0700, Bill McClatchie wrote:
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 10:23:57 -0700 (MST)
From: Bill McClatchie <wmcclatc(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com>
To: Paul Evad - Kudosnet Communications <pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com>
cc: The Procmail List <procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Subject: Re: Our IP addresses have been lumped under Sallynet :-(

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Paul Evad - Kudosnet Communications wrote:

You've got a problem then.  Becuase it is easier to get tagged as a spmmer
than it is to get off the lists.  Many places that will have you tagged
this way will probably not even see your request for your doamin to be
removed from spam-blocking lists.

You may be better off complaining to Internic for a new set of ranges as
they gave you part of the block for one of the worst spammers of the past.

Easier said than done, since their IP address block wasn't given them by the
Internic, but by their ISP. I doubt the Internic is giving out address blocks
28 addresses a a time.