Re: Sorting with Plus Addressing

1998-05-17 11:22:13
Michael Powe wrote,

| I can't seem to get this to work.
|
| I can send myself a test mail to looie+list(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com & it comes
| through fine.
|
| Then I put this in .procmailrc:  this is from Jari's pm-tips & also is
| shown in one of the filtering faqs:
|
| ARG = $1
| :0:
| * ARG ?? list
| test/.
|
| But it doesn't get sorted.  It just goes into the inbox.  The plus
| address still shows in the To: line.

Is procmail your LDA or are you calling it from ~/.forward?  Procmail will
know that something is $1 only if it is called with the -m or -a option (plus
the proper arguments to that option).  What exactly is the command line when
procmail is invoked?

| I also tried just a plain old
|
| :0:
| * ^TOlooie+list(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com
| test/.
|
| But, that did not work, either.

That one is very easily explained.  Use this:

  * ^TOlooie\+list(_at_)teleport\(_dot_)com

Escaping the period is not so critical, but an unescaped plus sign means "one
or more of the preceding" (in this case, one or more e's) and will not match
a literal plus sign.