Procmail errors in log...

1998-05-19 07:41:12

I tried post processing my mbox which has alittle over 3,000 messages in
it.  It seemed to filter messages correctly for the most part, but my
seperate mailboxes weren't as filled as I thought they would be.  I still
had about 2,200 messages that did not meet my other filters.  Anyway, the
mailstat showed the following about the log:

  Total  Number Folder
  -----  ------ ------
      0       1  ## procmail: Kernel-lock failed
      0       1  ## procmail: Kernel-unlock failed
12448750    2241 /var/spool/mail/link
 454952      61 Business/IN.InterNIC
 795771     252 Business/IN.Vince_Zmadeup
  16468       6 MailLists/IN.Activision
 103343      36 MailLists/IN.CrossFire
 251281      84 MailLists/IN.DaggerFall
 478383     183 MailLists/IN.Optigold_ISP

My .procmailrc file follows:
--------------------------------------
alpha:/home/link# cat .procmailrc
#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=off

#Replace `mail' with your mail directory (Pine uses mail, Elm uses Mail)
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
# INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.maillists
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.business
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.personal
-----------------------------------

rc.maillist:
-----------------------
:0:
* ^From:.*activision.com
MailLists/IN.Activision

:0:
* ^To:(_dot_)*crossfire(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no
MailLists/IN.CrossFire

:0:
* ^To:(_dot_)*dagrfall(_at_)crown(_dot_)net
MailLists/IN.DaggerFall

:0:
* ^To:(_dot_)*linux-security(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com
MailLists/IN.RH_Linux_Security

:0:
* ^To:(_dot_)*isp-list(_at_)data-point(_dot_)com
MailLists/IN.Optigold_ISP

:0:
* ^To:.*ipo.com
MailLists/IN.IPO.COM
------------------------------

rc.business:

:0:
* ^From:.*internic.net
Business/IN.InterNIC

:0:
* ^From:.*vince-z@
Business/IN.Vince_Zmadeup
------------------------------

My sendmail.cf file has the following entry for mlocal:
------------------------------
#####  @(#)local.m4     8.21 (Berkeley) 11/6/95  #####

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@ShPfn, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoeu, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

And so I don't have a .forward file sending anything to procmail since I
use it as the delivery agent.

Anyway if someone can tell me why I have those lockfile errors and if my
filtering is correct or not please let me know.  I backed up my mail
before I tried this and killed sendmail during the try so I didn't screw
up my mail in anyway.  I just deleted the extra mailboxes procmail made
and restored my mbox, restarted sendmail after the attempt.

Thanks much,

-Matt