Newbie needs help

1998-05-19 09:00:28

Hi,
        I have just recently started tinkering with procmail. I have set
up a system which is working more or less the way I like it, except for
one problem. The following recipe is giving me errors:

:0
*$!^(Sender|From|Reply-To):.*$MYISP
*$!^(Apparently.*|To|Cc):(_dot_)*$LOGNAME(_at_)$MYISP
{
        :0c
        | /usr/lib/sendmail $FROM < /home/hurricane/tomko/spammers.txt

        :0c
        | echo $FROM >> /usr1/digirati/www.tomkoinc.com/spammers.dat

        :0:
        spam
}

The errors I get are:

procmail: Error while writing to " /usr/lib/sendmail $FROM
  <  /home/hurricane/tomko/spammers.txt"
procmail: Error while writing to " echo $FROM >>
/usr1/digirati/www.tomkoinc.com/spammers.dat"

What I am trying to do is write the sender of each spam into a
text file then send the spammer a return letter.

Do I need to make a copy of the mail each time I pipe it into an external
process?

I get those errors on about 80% of the mail that matches the condition.
The files are world readable and spammers.dat is world writable, but I
still get the error.

I set upa test procmail environment and called procmail from the command
line. It works every time.

Paul

| Paul Tomko                     | P.O. Box 1382               |
| President                      | Bolingbrook, Illinois 60440 |
| Tomko Consulting, Incorporated | (630) 759-8799              |
| tomko(_at_)xnet(_dot_)com                 | http://www.tomkoinc.com     |