unssubsscribe: Request or not ?

1998-05-22 08:34:35
Hello,

I have set up a recipe to treat a messages that
has these phrases as a unsubscribe request:
(Because so many idiots discard the unsub
instructions on the othe mailing lists i'm on).

get off this list
unsubscribe
stop sending me mail
remove
signoff

Now, It's possible that the poster is simply
explaining to someone how to unsubscribe and
dosen't want to unsubscribe.  If I assume that a
post with more than 6 lines of body is a normal
post and not an unsubscribe request.  My question
is as following:

Some post programs (I don't know which ones)
add some binary attachements to their messages
How do I differentiate between real lines of text and
that attachement.  If someone posts:

unsubscribe
(attachement)

I'd like the unsubscribe request to work.

Also, any opinions on my 6 lines barrier ? Some
email services like Juno, Yahoo and Hotmail add
3 lines of signature at the bottom.  So 4 + 1 line
of unsubscribe would make it 5 lines.

Also, some people don't ever press return when they
post.  (They have a program that scrools for them).
Counting lines wouldn't work well for them.  Is there
a recipe out there where I could insert a [RETURN]
so that the lines are no bigger than 72 chars long ?

On the same subject of lines that are long. HTML
dosen't have hard returns either.  Someone
mentionned Lynx to make it readable. Does Lynx
insert the returns at the proper place ?

Jacques G.