Re: Geir's shell problem

1998-05-22 14:05:11
Geir Johannessen wrote,

[a problem that Elie Rosenblum has already answered, plus this one]

| All regular users have the shell /bin/not_privileged on the mailserver
| because we do not want anyone to log into the machine and work
| interactively. It is not for security, merely to reduce load.
|
| When someone has something like this in .procmailrc
|
| MAKEDIRDUMMY=`test -d $MAILDIR || mkdir $MAILDIR`
|
| procmail fails because it tries to execute
|
| /bin/not_privileged test -d $MAILDIR || mkdir $MAILDIR

Right; "|" is in $SHELLMETAS.

| How can we make it execute with e.g. /bin/bash instead no matter what the
| shell is in /etc/passwd?

Define SHELL=/bin/bash in /etc/procmailrc.

Alternatively, you could replace the current /bin/not_privileged with
something that execs bash if called from a script but exits badly if invoked
interactively.