Re: My mail is gone?? But...

1998-05-24 13:00:16
Problem: The original message from the sender just vanishes into to
cyberspace somwhere! I've searched my MAILDIR, and other places, and I
can't find it.

The original message was passed to formail for it to extract the addressing
information.  At that point, Procmail considers it delivered - whether
you've stored it in a file or whatever, you've taken action on the message.
Try copying the message, or bracing the action, and placing two actions
there - one delivery to $DEFAULT (with the c flag), and the second
performing the reply.

One example, add 'c' to your above recipe, then follow that recipe
immediatley with:

:0 A:
$DEFAULT

This would deliver it immediatley to your default mailbox rather than
continuing processing the original message through other recipes -- 'A'
flag means "only if previous recipe conditions evaluated as true."

Thanks...

This did the trick. I wasn't sure at first where to place the "c" but I
finally figured out that I should put it ":0 c:" at the beginning of the
recipe.

It works like a charm.

Thanks again.
Shiloh Costa