Hashed spool, auto creation?

1998-05-26 22:26:42
I've just installed Procmail v. 3.11pre7 on a new mail server (not in
production yet) and I'm trying to implement the hashed spool option.  Mail
delivery works fine, however I had to manually create the hashed directory
ie; /var/mail/m/i/mikeg in order for procmail to deliver the mail.

I hope to migrate several thousand users over to this machine and would
like the directories to be created on the fly when mail delivery is
attempted, is this possible?  Or will I need to have a script written to
accomplish this?

Pointers to references or scripts would be grand... thanks in advance for
any info you can provide.

- Mike
Mike Greene (mikeg(_at_)rockisland(_dot_)com) / Administration
Rock Island Communications / Office Ph. 360-378-5884