Multiple mail spools

1998-05-27 21:07:30
I'd be surprised if this isn't a FAQ, but I'm afraid I couldn't
find it.

We'd like to deliver local mail into different directories depending
upon the domain of the recipient.  There are a number of ways to do
this, but the way that makes the most sense to me is:

1)  Use a mailertable in sendmail to deliver mail to a different
    local mailer for each domain.

2)  Compile a separate copy of procmail for each of these local
    mailers.

This would seem to have the least overhead at the time of delivery,
but it will get unwieldy after a while.  All of those versions of
procmail....

The questions:
 Is anyone else using multiple delivery directories?  Would you mind
 sharing the details?

 Is there a reliable way for procmail to know the domain of the
 recipient?  Would that require some sendmail hacking as well?
 Clever use of the procmail "-a" switch, perhaps?

Thanks.

--phil
"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
     Now I see that I should have been more specific."